Kedarnath Temple in Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand at an height of 3584 m above the sea level near the river Mandakini. Kedarnath, snuggled around 220 km from Rishikesh, It is one of the twelve Jyotirlinga of Lord Shiva. The temple was constructed by Hindu Guru Adi Shankaracharya in the 8th century A.D. It was privileged by the name of King Kedar, the ruler of Satya Yuga. The devotees can experience a great peace of mind and spiritual trip. Devotees do the darshan of kedarnath baba every year. Kedarnath in Uttarakhand is one of the most sacred place for the Hindus. The temple opens on the first week of May on the festival of Akshaya Tritiya and shuts down in the month of October-November on festival of Diwali. In winters, the idols from the Shri Kedarnath Dham are brought to Ukhimath and worshipped there for six month. Gandhi Sarovar, Gaurikund, Sonprayag, Triyuginarayan, Agastyamuni Temple and Deoria Tal are some of the additional historical place in Kedarnath. According to legend, it is said that the Pandavas after having won over the Kaurava in the Kurukshetra war, felt guilty of having killed their own brothers and for peace of mind and blessings of Lord Shiva for redemption. The temple is not directly accessible by road and has to be reached by a 14 km. trek from Gaurikund.
So try to grab your seats reserved and dont miss the chance of making a tour of the famous and pious places of uttarakhand. With our appearance we will make sure to give the most memorable moments of the Tungnath tour and enjoyable day nights with god goddess blessings.
• Shankaracharya Samadhi: The Samadhi of Adi Guru Shankaracharya is located just behind the Kedarnath temple. It is believed that after establishing four holy Dhams, he went into his samadhi at an young age of 32 years.
• Chorabari: 1 km trek away from Kedarnath.
• Gaurikund: It is the famous place. The temple is dedicated to goddess Gauri.
• Ukhimath: Winter home of the Kedarnath baba. The seat of the Rawal of Kedarnath. It is connected by bus services to Rudraprayag.
• The temple of Agastya muni is the main attraction of Kedarnath Dham.
• Trijuginarayan: Place for the wedding of Lord Shiva and Parvati. In front of the Shiva Temple is an eternal flame that witnessed the marriage. Here can be reached by a 12 km drive from Sonprayag.
• Tungnath: According to myth, the arms of Lord Shiva appeared at Tungnath.
Char Dham Yatra from HaridwarView this Package
Char Dham by HelicopterView this Package
Lake TourView this Package
Kumaun DarshanView this Package
Kedarnath YatraView this Package
Copyrights © 2012-2021 TourTravelTourism.Com. All Rights Reserved
Powered by Khozlo India